Spiders are one of the commonly seen pests all around the world. Normally they are not problematic to us. But sometimes, the presence of a huge amount of spiders may cause problems. People always search about Spider control at home: How to get rid of spiders? Bites from poisonous spiders can cause health problems like sores, fever, nausea, and even allergic reactions. Spiders aren’t pests for everyone. They can be beneficial to kill ants, flies, mosquitoes, and other household pests around your space.
Common species of spiders
There are several species of spiders that exist. Even though there are some differences present, all spiders have several commonalities. Some of the common species of spiders are, American house spider/ Common house spider, Black widow, Brown Recluse, Cellar Spiders, and Wolf spider.
The common house spider is usually seen inside your home. They are mainly seen inside and around the home, especially in the corners of rooms, under furniture, outside near windows and leaves. It is not poisonous, but spider bites sometimes cause mild pain, redness, and swelling.
The female species of black window contain venom that is highly poisonous to humans. The symptoms of a bite include cramping experience around the site of the bite, flulike fever, headache, and nausea.
The Brown Recluse spider is commonly seen under furniture, within piles of clothing, or inside shoes. It also contains venom and its bite is dangerous. The bite of the recluse spider cause sores around the site of the bite that leads o a higher rate of infection.
The cellar spiders are one of the common household spiders. Their bodies are small and their legs are characteristically long and spindly.
The wolf spider is not venomous, but its big size may frighten us. They usually hide during the morning, so we may not notice their presence.
How to get rid of spiders naturally
How to get rid of spiders? spider control at home. There are several methods available online to control spiders at your home and office. The best ever method is to approach professional pest control services. Because they research the situation properly and apply the suitable solution. The NEW STAR PEST CONTROL is one of the best pest control companies in the UAE. They provide their services across Dubai, Ajman, and Sharjah.
Get rid of spiders entirely may not be realistic. To control the growth of spiders inside your home you can try out some of the following natural methods.
- Use of white vinegar: Vinegar spray can serve as an organic pest control for spiders. Spiders are highly sensitive to the sour taste and odor of acetic acid in vinegar. Use equal portion of vinegar and waterin a spray bottle, and spray around your home.
- Use of citrus: Keeping citrus fruit in a bowl on the kitchen is a great way to get rid of spiders. You can also rub leftover citrus peels. The smell of citrus keep spiders away from your kitchen.
- Use of mint: Mint can use as a methdo to spider control at home. It is a great natural pest repellent. Add peppermint essential oil to water and spray around home. Planting mint leaves also is a good method.
- Diatomaceous Earth: It is maid up of fossilized remaines of Diatoms algae. This white powder is effective, non-toxic and also inexpensive. The silica pesent in DE absorb moisture content in the pest and dehydrate them.
- Use of Cedar: To get rid of spiders from home sprinkle the cedar blocks and chips around your home.
Spider Control At Home
The presence of spiders and spider webs is annoying to all of us. Some people are afraid of spiders and some other simply don’t like them. So, people always search for ways hoe to get rid of spiders? You can use natural methods to kill spiders at your home. The other ways for spider control at home are,
- Regular cleaning
- Protect the exterior and seal the cracks in walls
- Plant a eucalyptus tree in the garden
- Turn of your lights after use
One of the best ways to prevent spiders is to keep your house neat and tidy. Spiders like to hide in places where we didn’t notice easier. like under the curtains, furniture, and corners of the walls. Regular tidying, cleaning, and de-cluttering help to remove all the spiders from your space. Regular cleaning of your house prevents spiders from building a web.
Protect the exterior
As we always say, preventing the entry of pests is better than destroying them after they entered inside. So, protect the exterior and seal the cracks in walls to prevent the entry of spiders inside your house. Fix torn window screens and cover wents and chimneys with fine mesh.
Plant Eucalyptus Tree
The strong scent of the Eucalyptus tree helps to repel the spiders from their surroundings. It is the best method to repel spiders because of the low maintenance coast and the wonderful smell of Eucalyptus.
3 thoughts on “Spider Control At Home: How To Get Rid Of Spiders?”
Pingback: top 10 Household pests in UAE - New Star Pest Control, UAE
Pingback: Diagnosis and treatment of spider bites - New Star Pest Control UAE
Pingback: Domestic Pest Control in Abu Dhabi - NewStar Pest Control