The pest problems in apartments are challenging. Unlike single-family homes and businesses, in multiple residents living in close proximity, the pests are always an issue. There are several problems that pests cause in an apartment and a single-family themselves can’t solve them easily. How does pest control work in apartments? The New Star Pest Control and Cleaning Services Company in UAE, have a perfect solution for your pest problem in apartments.
Whenever speaking about pest control, you may be worried about the presence of chemical substances and their toxic effects on you and on your family. So, it is important to analyze the situation at first. The type of pest infestation and the severity affect the mode of a pest control method that is effective to the particular place. When you approach a pest control professional, they will analyze all these before implementing action.
How to keep pests out of your apartment?
Pests cause health issues, damages to furniture, allergic reactions, and may even contaminate the food items in your apartment. So, every one of you should know about the way to prevent pests from your apartment. How does pest control work in apartments? There are several naturals, cultural and chemical methods to get rid of pests.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is the best ever method to prevent pests at home. The IPM program works to manage the exterior of the apartment like crop, lawn, etc. to prevent pests from entering inside. Also, seal all the cracks and crevices in and around the structure. It will help to prevent pests from entering inside.
5 tips to get rid of pests from your apartment
- Remove all the food particles which attract pests. Wipe down all the surfaces especially in the kitchen where pests are attracted to.
- Disinfect any food preparing areas including the stove, microwave, and countertops. Clean the areas which have contact with food by vacuuming, sweeping and moping regularly.
- Store the food particles like grains, cereals, bread, seeds, flour, nuts etc. in airtight containers. Glass or heavy plastic containers are most preferable which pests can’t chew and enter inside.
- The availability of drinking source inside your apartment is another factor that attract pests. So, don’t leave damp items around. Checkout for leaky pipes or drips in kitchen or bathroom.
- Seal up all the cracks and crevices in order to prevent pests from entering inside. Give special attention to the walls and baseboards in your apartment and checkout it on a regular basis.
Importance of pest control inspection in apartments
How does pest control work in apartments? How often should an apartment get treated for pests? It depends on the severity of infestation in your place. In multifamily residences, it is important to do pest control work at a regular interval. Because the presence of pests causes prestige issues also with health risks and property damage.
The management of the apartment needs to take responsibility along with the tenants to eliminate pests from the area. Because, if the infestation occurs in a single place, it will spread quickly all over the apartment. Both the landlords and tenants have the responsibility to keep their area habitable and clean.