Many best rodent control methods are using to control the rodents. They are highly adaptable animals. The three types of rodents that are considered major pests are house mice, Norway rats, and roof rats. They are the commonly found rodents near human living places. Both rats and mice are capable of transmitting the disease to humans through their hair, droppings, and urine. Here is the importance of the best rodent control strategies. Even though these rodents bite humans, it is not common. The bites of a rat can result in rat-bite fever. Some people develop allergic reactions also to the excrement of rats or house mice. It may lead to asthma-related symptoms also in some people.
Rodent control methods cover both rats and mice. Rats and mice invade your home by looking for food, shelter, and/or water. These comforts they get from your house or building space attract them into there and keep them stay over. Hence, the presence of rodents inside your space always be an inconvenience for the members of the house. In addition, rodents are always a threat to your property, health, and sense of security.
RODENT CONTROL TIPS AND TRICKS
- Store food in airtight containers
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains that provide the perfect breeding site for pests.
- Inspect items such as boxes, grocery bags and other packages brought into the home.
- Keep attics, basements, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- If you suspect a pest infestation in your home, contact a licensed pest professional to inspect and treat the pest problem.
PROBLEMS CREATED BY RODENTS
The main problem create by rodents in your house
- Chew through wires in your house and cause fire because of short circulation.
- The short circuit also leads to leakage of current and the electricity bill also will be high
- Destroy property and belongings by eating/ biting them
- Eat drywall and also tear insulation
- May die inside of your space and create a foul smell. The dead rodents also create bacteria and germs inside your home.
- Leave droppings behind and hence, that causes infestations.
- Make disturbing noises in your walls and also in the attic.
THE HEALTH ISSUES CREATE BY RODENTS
- Some rats and mice bite humans and that may also cause rat-bite fever
- Some people develop allergic reactions to rat excrement. It can cause asthma-related symptoms.
- The rat excrement also causes diseases like leptospirosis, salmonella, plague, etc.
BEST RODENT CONTROL SERVICE IN UAE
Approaching a professional pest control service company to solve your problem is one of the best options you can choose now. The new star pest control is the municipality-approved pest control company in UAE. Newstar using many effective rodent control methods. We will identify the intruding rodents, and also determine the most effective way to get them out of your home. The main specialty of our company is that we provide customized service of rodent control to our clients based on their unique needs.
There are several pest control service companies near you. Selecting the best among them is a task. The clear inspection and application of the correct solution are necessary in rodent control. Because unattended rodents problem will make serious health relate issues later and that cost much for you. The benefits of choosing NEW STAR PEST CONTROL for your rodent control are,
- We provide a thorough inspection and you will be clarified or all your doubts about rodent control.
- We use a different type of rodent control methods
- Identify the entry points of rodents clearly and also apply the correct solution
- Help customers preventing rodents from entering into their house
- Provide high-standard services with qualified and experienced workers with the best rodent control strategies.
5 MAJOR DISEASES CAUSED BY RODENTS
The germ ‘Yersinia Pestis’ is the reason for the plague, which is a serious infestation of humans, result of improper rodent control. The method of infestation is through the bite of a flea that has fed from infected animals like rats, and chipmunks. The main symptom of plague include swollen lymph nodes in the groin, armpit, or neck. Other symptoms like fever, chills, headache, fatigue, and muscle ache also present in this.
The bacteria ‘Leptospira’ is the reason for leptospirosis. It infects both humans and a wide range of animals. Some people may not show any symptoms of this and some may be severely ill. The mode of transmission of Leptospira bacteria is through the urine of animals like rodents, cattle, and pigs, etc. soil or water contaminated with this infected urine are the most common causes of human infection.
Rat-bite fever is a bacterial disease. The ‘Streptobacillus moniformis’ is the reason for this. Rats carry the bacteria which is the part of the flora of their mouth and nose. Bites or scratch of these animals is the way of infestation to humans. Almost 10% of rat bight will result in a rat-bite fever condition. The symptoms of this include fever, vomiting, headache, muscle pain, and joint pain or swelling.
The group of bacteria ‘salmonella’ causes this bacterial infection which affects the intestine. This bacteria present in the stool of infected animals and humans. If the food or water we use is contaminated with the salmonella bacteria, it can cause serious disease especially to children, old aged people, and people with less immunity power.
The ‘Francisella Tularensis’ causes the bacterial disease Tularemia. It is most commonly seen in wild animals like rodents, squirrels, rabbits, and beavers. People and their pets can become ill from tularemia by coming into contact with infected dead or ill animals. It can be transmitted through animal bites and exposure to contaminated blood or raw meat.
RODENT CONTROL METHODS
Even though rodents have an important role in nature, they may require control. They can damage crops, transmit disease, damage crops, or cause ecological harm. Using a single rodent control method will not be successful always. The most effective rodent control method requires an integrated approach. Controlling rat and mice infestation is cost-effective. Best rodent control strategies. Because the dangerous after-effects that mice and rats cause are always multiple times higher than the cost we need to pay for a professional rodent control service.
Rodenticides – rodent control methods
Rodenticides are chemicals used to kill rodents is a way of rodent control methods. This is commonly called ‘rat poison’, one of the best rodent control strategies. But it is also using to kill mice, squirrels, woodchucks, chipmunks, and beavers. Historically, heavy metals such as arsenic were first used to control rodents. Second-generation anticoagulants are commonly using rodenticides. Rat poison is one of the most toxic agents commonly found in households. If not used and stored properly, rodenticides cause severe health damage and even death in non-target wildlife, pets, and people.
Types of rodenticides
Mostly using rodenticides are anticoagulants which are the best rodent control methods. They cause death in rodents by disrupting the normal function of blood clotting, resulting in death from internal bleeding. It includes the active ingredients warfarin, chlorophacinone, diphacinone, and bromadiolone. The non-anticoagulants vary in the ways that they cause death. Some kill the rodents with a single dose, and some others need multiple dosages for days. Examples for the way of action of anticoagulants,
- Bromethalin kills by disrupting energy cells within the body, resulting in paralysis and death.
- Cholecalciferol mobilizes calcium, resulting in death from hypocalcemia.
- Zink phosphide enters the circulatory system as a gas, causing heart paralysis and liver damage
4 thoughts on “BEST RODENT CONTROL METHODS”
Pingback: Wood Mice: Importance, Biology, and Control - New Star Pest Control
Pingback: top 10 Household pests in UAE - New Star Pest Control, UAE