Ants are commonly seen as pests in every household and buildings. If they are in a little number we didn’t care much. But large colonies of ants in your building and surrounding areas are a problem. How to get rid of ants? which is the best ant control company in Dubai? Even though ants are not health-threatening pests like other pests, the presence of ant colonies will disturb us. Ants are continually looking for food and water. And in search of this and shelter, they commonly invade into our space.
Are you concerned about ants in your home or building?
Identifying the type of ants and deciding the proper treatment strategy can be a challenge. The better solution for your ant problems is to approach a pest control service center near your place. For proper identification and a comprehensive solution, contact NEW STAR pest control who provide services across Dubai, Sharjah, and Ajman. It is a municipality-approved pest control company and the best ant control company in Dubai.
8 COMMON TYPES OF ANTS
Ants have a vast number of different species all over the world. Almost more than 12,000 different ant species have been identified yet and a small fraction of these species are considered as home-invading pests. The appearance and habitat of the ants are used to determine the type of ants. How to get rid of ants? Best ant control company in Dubai. The location, size of the ant, and color are also used to differentiate the species.
The 8 common types of ants that can be seen in our area are;
- Acrobat ants color varies from yellow-brown to brown and re- black to all black. They nest outside and are aggressive and will sting. These ants are not frequent invaders.
- Argentine ants are about 2.2 to 2.8 mm long and have one node. Their color varies from light to dark brown. They do not have the ability to sting.
- Asian needle ants are about 5 mm long and have one node. They are brown-black with dark orange mandibles. Mostly nest outside in shaded areas with high moisture.
- Carpenter ants rank high as structural ants and multiple variations are seen around the UAE. The primary nest of these ants typically outside, in trees, or lumber.
- Crazy ants are 2.2 to 3 mm long with one node. They form colonies in moist or dry environments. The color is black-brown with extremely long legs and antennae.
- Dark rover ants have an average length of 1.6 mm. they have one node for their body and are medium to dark brown in color.
- European fire ants have two nodes and can vary in color, most are a light reddish-brown. They form nests outer during warmer months and inside during cold months.
- Field ants vary in size from 4 to 8 millimeters long. They have one node and also seen in a variety of colors including black, brown, yellow-brown, and mixed red.
Even though there are home remedies to kill ants, distinguishing them is very difficult for a common man. Understanding the nature and type of ant is essential to apply the best control method in an effective way. Here comes the importance of pest control service centers.
ANT CONTROL TIPS AND STRATEGIES
Ant control is not that difficult task if the number of ants is limited. But when there is a huge colony of ants inside your house, you need to analyses the situation clearly, and only based on that we can decide the responsive actions. There are two main types of ant problems commonly seen in every household or organization. They are the problem with ants that live outside and forage inside, the problem with ants inside your building, and another type is a problem with carpenter ants.
Ant control methods for ants live outside and forage inside?
Ants commonly enter into your building for shelter and food. If the ants live outside and forage into the building, they will be in search of food particles. Follow these steps for ant control from outside.
- Seal and caulk cracks and crevices to stop the entry of ants that cause problems inside your building. Ants can enter inside through small openings. So, it is hard to find all the ways that ants used to enter inside. Hire best ant control company in Dubai for better result.
- Once an ant finds a place of food they leave some pheromones on the way to attract the other ants. So, clean around the entry points with a detergent to remove the chemicals in the path. Then spray a non-repellent residual insecticide to kill all the ants that try to enter your space and ant control .
How to control ants that live inside your building?
Some ants live inside the building and build colonies to live together in some places. They are more problematic than the ants that enter inside for food. Ant species that live inside include Argentine ants, crazy ants, odorous house ants, pavement ants, and carpenter ants. Follow these steps to destroy the colonies of ants inside your building.
- The cheapest method to control ants at home is to wipe them up with a solution of vinegar and water. Cleaning the hard surfaces with vinegar will help to kill ants and also to repel them.
- Ant baits are a very common method of controlling ants. This is the most successful method among all others. Ant baits are available in the form of gels, granules, or stations. Follow the directions given in each product to use it safely among pests and children.
How to control carpenter ants?
Carpenter ants are active during the evening time. And commonly seen both inside and outside the building and live in colonies. These ants commonly don’t eat wood for food, but they will tunnel into wood to make nests. The best way to treat carpenter ants inside the house are,
- Trim all trees and bushes so branches do not touch the house. This is a common method to reduce the number of carpenter ants.
- Place the recommended carpenter ant baits on the ant trails
- Use non-repellent insecticide aerosol to get better results. The ants do not detect the non-repellent aerosols and can’t avoid them so, they are superior to repellent aerosols.